Babywearing has always been one of those things that I really look forward to when I am pregnant. It allows me to feel them breathe against my chest and to smell their heads without people thinking I am nuts( I don't know about you but I LOVE the way babies smell). It allows me to bond with my baby in a special way. Another bonus to babywearing in my case is decreased episodes of vomiting related to reflux. Upright is the way to go!
The ERGO BABY CARRIER was made by a mother who followed her heart and her instincts and it brought her success in parenting and in business. From Ergo Baby " My mothering instinct to keep him safe, secure and content has always been my driving force, and when I started ERGObaby, my intention was to create a product line that would promote and enhance the ability of parents to safely and comfortably keep their babies close to them as often as possible. Eight years later, my research into the science behind babywearing has affirmed my mothering instincts. I know, beyond a doubt, that bonding with and nurturing our babies from infancy with the help of babywearing is absolutely the best way. ".
Ergo Baby Carriers are so easy to use- learning curve of like 5 minutes(If you did need help, here are some videos)- and is comfortable and durable too! I have seen Ergo carriers last through many babies, and that is really important to me and my wallet. They last because they are made with great quality materials, you can opt for an organic carrier as well! In my quest to be as a natural as possible, I choose the organic carrier! Here are some of the amazing features of the Organic Ergo Carrier :
Organic Baby Carrier
- Ergonomic design
- 100% organic cotton twill with 100% organic cotton sateen lining and hood
- 100% cotton organic batting in body of carrier to soften edges
- One inch, high density foam in s houlder straps
- Quarter inch high density neoprene foam in waist belt
- High Quality buckles tested by SGS
- Waist belt circumference from 25 " to 43"
- Fits from 5' to 6.5' body height with adjustable shoulder and chest straps
- Sleeping hood with elastic, adjusts in length for growth of baby
- High quality webbing, matched to carri er color
- Reinforced stitching used at all fabric inters ections
- Interior rip-stop reinforcements at critical intersections
- Durability/strength tested up to 90 pounds
- Machine washable - cold, gentle cycles, mild detergen t, no ble ach. Dry in low heat
I must admit I have a slight obsession with carriers, and I could kick myself for not having this in my stash MUCH earlier!! While I can not tell you how great this carrier is while carrying a newborn- I can tell how MAGNIFICENT it is for babies and toddlers!! The padded straps and supportive waistband make the load feel almost weightless while back carrying! I can do any position all by myself, and is a must when I am chasing 2 other childre n around!! The Ergo allows me to bring her along for all the grand adventures the boys take me on!
I feel great knowing that she is surrounded with organic fabrics and right next to my heart!! I look forward to using the Ergo with any future children- I will have to buy a newborn insert for a newborn as well- it looks so comfy!!! Ergo also offers other accessories such as pouches, backpacks, changing pads and more to coordinate with your Ergo!
BUY IT: So you know you want one!! Ergo Baby carriers are available to purchase online or by phone at 1-888-416-4888. Carriers range from $105 for an original to $148 for a special organic carrier.
WIN IT: Ergo is giving one VERY LUCKY MAMA an Ergo Baby Carrier of her very own!
Become a fan of Ergo Baby on Facebook, and let them know I sent you!
You must be a Home Grown Families Google Follower to participate.
Must include email address if not listed in profile. Each entry must be a separate comment.
- Visit Ergo Baby and tell me what carrier you love the most!!!! - 1 entry
- Follow Ergo Baby on Twitter- 1 entry
- Sign up for the Ergo Newsletter! 2 entries
- Tell me why you love babywearing so much! 2 entries
- Become a follower of Home Grown Families on Twitter- 1 entry
- Tweet about this giveaway for 1 entry per day! Please include Home Grown Families in your tweet and leave me the permalink.
- Follow Home Grown Families on Facebook, and leave me a note! 2 entries
- Email this giveaway to a friend, and CC it to momtosprouts at yahoo. 1 entry
- Subscribe to Home Grown Families via Feedburner in the upper left corner- 3 entries
- Add my button to your blog, and provide a URL where I can find it.- 5 entries
- Blog about this Giveaway on your blog and provide post URL. Be sure to include Home Grown Families- 5 entries
- Enter any of my other giveaways and let me know which one you entered- 1 entry per giveaway.
- Vote for Home Grown Families on Top Mommy Blogs (link on the left)- 1 entry for vote
DISCLAIMER: I was not paid for this post. I was given a product to review, and I have provided my own honest opinion. Thank you, Ergo Baby for allowing us to review your products and for the awesome giveaway. You can view our PR policies here.