"Being a mom may be the most challenging, yet rewarding job out there, which means it’s important to take care of yourself and your family.
Whether you need to relax, impress guests at a party, or just have fun with the little ones in the kitchen, we’ve compiled some of our favorite nutritious, fun and energy-boosting Chiquita banana recipes for you to enjoy with the entire family."
We LOVE bananas! When we were going through all the feeding problems with Mugsy, it was one of the first foods she would consistently eat. Now, we hear those adorable words "I want 'nana!" all the time.
I eat them constantly, too. Since we are ALWAYS on the go, a banana is the perfect snack! It has it's own wrapper (eco-friendly!) is quick to grab, doesn't require a knife or fork and is easy to clean up- even my kids can do it (they can do it, they just 'choose' not to...)
I like this recipe for Easy Chiquita No-Bake Cookies:
*you will need to alter if you have nut allergies*
* 3 Chiquita Bananas, with brown spots
* 1 cup Sugar
* 1/2 cup Butter
* 1/2 cup 2% Milk
* 1/2 cup Peanut butter
* 3 cups Quick cook oatmeal
* 2 cups chopped Walnuts
* 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
* 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
* 1/4 cup Cocoa powder (optional)
Combine first five ingredients in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Stir frequently with whisk until mixture has a smooth consistency. Remove from stove and stir in the remaining ingredients. Divide batter into 18-20 cookies, place on wax paper and let cool completely, then refrigerate for 1 hour. Store in an air-tight container.
There is also a recipe for Sugar Free Banana Bread!
So, head on over to Chiquita Moms and see what you can find to make your life just a bit easier!
Reusable shopping bag
and a Chiquita Mom reference book
Go to Chiquita Mom and tell me your favorite recipe or tip!
You must be a Home Grown Families Google Follower to participate.
Must include email address if not listed in profile. Each entry must be a separate comment.
- Become a Facebook Fan of Chiquita and let them know I sent you- 1 entry
- Subscribe to the Chiquita newsletter- 3 entries (botton of any page)
- Change your Facebook status letting all of your friends know you entered to win this and put the link- 5 entries!
- Follow Home Grown Families on Facebook, and leave me a note- 3 entries
- Become a follower of Home Grown Families on Twitter- 1 entry
- Tweet about this giveaway for 1 entry per day! Please include Home Grown Families in your tweet and leave me the permalink.
- Email this giveaway to a friend, and CC it to momtosprouts at yahoo- 1 entry
- Subscribe to Home Grown Families via Feedburner in the upper left corner- 3 entries
- Add my button to your blog and provide a URL where I can find it.- 5 entries
- Blog about this Giveaway on your blog and provide post URL. Be sure to include Home Grown Families- 5 entries
- Enter any of my other giveaways and let me know which one you entered- 1 entry per giveaway.
- Vote for Home Grown Families on Top Mommy Blogs (link on the left)- 1 entry for vote
DISCLAIMER: I was not paid for this post. We were both given a product to review, and have provided our honest opinions. Thank you, Chiquita for allowing us to review your products and for the awesome giveaway. You can view our PR policies here.