Residing quietly beneath the floorboards are little people who live undetected in a secret world to be discovered, where the smallest may stand tallest of all. From the legendary Studio Ghibli (“Spirited Away,” “Ponyo”) comes “The Secret World of Arrietty,” an animated adventure based on Mary Norton’s acclaimed children’s book series “The Borrowers.”Arrietty (voice of Bridgit Mendler), a tiny, but tenacious 14-year-old, lives with her parents (voices of Will Arnett and Amy Poehler) in the recesses of a suburban garden home, unbeknownst to the homeowner and her housekeeper (voice of Carol Burnett). Like all little people, Arrietty (AIR-ee-ett-ee) remains hidden from view, except during occasional covert ventures beyond the floorboards to “borrow” scrap supplies like sugar cubes from her human hosts. But when 12-year-old Shawn (voice of David Henrie), a human boy who comes to stay in the home, discovers his mysterious housemate one evening, a secret friendship blossoms. If discovered, their relationship could drive Arrietty’s family from the home and straight into danger. The English language version of “The Secret World of Arrietty” was executive produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall, and directed by Gary Rydstrom. The film hits theaters Feb. 17, 2012.
Archives for January 2012
- Creamy Ricotta Florentine – this number one selling item is the only Made with Organic spinach pasta on the market. With 60 percent more filling this creamy blend of cheese and spinach offers a wonderful mouth feel in every bite.
- Artichoke & Colby Jack Cheese Ravioli – artichokes and a creamy blend of cheeses wrapped in unbleached egg dough. A unique flavor combination that pairs well with our Basil Cream Sauce with Artichokes.
- Fire Roasted Mushroom & Four Cheese Ravioli – this delicate blend of Crimini mushrooms and four cheeses goes wonderfully with Hearty Garden Marinara. Made with no preservatives.
- Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Ravioli – organic tomatoes, basil and mozzarella are wrapped in a 100 percent all natural whole wheat dough.
- Butternut Squash Ravioli – rich, creamy flavor of butternut squash blended with parmesan and Ricotta cheeses, then wrapped in delicate egg dough.
- Wildwood Organic Salsa is made with only the freshest, highest quality and 100 percent organic ingredients. This low-calorie, fat free and gluten free product is a great healthy snack option and comes in Mild, Medium and Hot.
So, you’re trying to be ‘green’ and reduce the use of chemicals in your home? BUT, you haven’t found a window cleaner that works well enough for you to give up the blue stuff.
Newspaper requires too much elbow grease, vinegar and water leave streaks, the ‘eco-friendly’ stuff is just too expensive…
You’re in luck. I found Simple Organized Living. A blog written by a super organized (and super fashionable) Andrea.
Andrea likes to make her own cleaning supplies to save money. Thankfully her ‘money saving’ ideas work perfectly as earth saving ideas. Andrea tried a TON on recipes before she came up with the perfect green window & glass cleaner.
There’s more to this recipe than vinegar and it doesn’t require extra elbow grease!
Check out S-O-L for Andrea’s Homemade Window and Glass cleaner.
There’s a Planning and Goals section which allows the writer to place goals for each year and help in the planning of family vacations.
Lets not forget that “bucket list” we all have. Writing it down reminds us of the opportunities we have ahead with just a little planning.
Daily Pages allow us to write a small entry of what happened that day. If you need to go on more for the day or month, you may continue in the Carry Over Pages.
If you have a busy life balancing work, home, children and other dates there’s a section called Keeping Track which allows the person to jot down medical information or automotive upkeep dates.
Another great feature I’ve found is the Special Dates section for birthdays, anniversaries, deaths, etc.
The Journal 10 is an amazing book and would make the most wonderful gift for a Baby Shower, Bridal Shower, Christmas, Birthday or any other special occasion.
BUY IT: You can buy the Journal 10 on their site starting at $30.
WIN IT: 1 lucky HGF follower will win their very own Journal 10!
Enter to #win a 10 Year Journal from @momtosprouts PERFECT for any special occasion #giveaway http://bit.ly/yeyTv1
Click READ MORE to enter via Rafflecopter