- 1 cup Steamfresh® Broccoli Florets, cooked according to package directions
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Braeburn or other sweet-tart apple, unpeeled, chopped small
- ½ cup (2 oz.) deli-sliced ham, chopped
- 2 whole wheat pita rounds, halved crosswise
- Mayonnaise or mustard (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat a griddle, skillet or panini pan over MEDIUM heat.
- Combine broccoli, cheese, apple and ham in a bowl.
- Gently separate each pita half to form a pocket. If desired, spread mayonnaise or mustard to taste inside the pita pocket.
- Carefully spoon ½ cup of the broccoli mixture into each of the pita halves.
- Brush or wipe the olive oil over the surface of the griddle using a brush or a paper towel. Add the pita halves, tucking in the filling. Grill for 2-4 minutes per side until golden, crisp, and warmed through. Serve immediately
- Yakimaniac Veggie Martians (as seen on iCarly) – Martian-ize dinnertime by letting kids add personality to these delights with edible glitter, pretzel antennas, and veggie faces.
- Veggie Cupcakes – Let them eat cake (as long as it’s loaded with veggies). Parents can feel great about this savory, veggie-licious spin on a classic, favorite treat: the cupcake.
- iTasty Corn Pizza with Pumpkin – Not your standard slice of pie, this pizza packs a punch of pumpkin and veggie-rich layers in every bite.
- Taste Tester Corn Jalapeno Dip – This zesty dip deserves a fiesta. With individual tortilla bowls, kids will love this vibrant blend of colorful vegetables.
- Veggie Smoothie – Scrumptious. Sippable. Simple. This brilliant orange smoothie will leave the kids begging for more veggies – to sip.