It is almost time! Are you ready?
If you’re still on the lookout for a gluten free Halloween recipe, check out this recipe for Macaroon Brains!
This is a sponsored post written for SPOOKTACULAR.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup raw sugar (coconut or demerara sugar), pulverized
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups dry unsweetened coconut flakes
- 8 ounces good quality chocolate
- 2 ounces Icing
- red food coloring
- icing piping bag with #2 and #3 tips
- Preheat the oven to 325F (162C).
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and beat to combine well.
- Carefully fold the coconut flakes into the egg mixture.
- Using a tablespoon, drop the batter onto the lined baking tray, making sure that each cookie has an oval shape.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely before decorating.
- When the cookies have cooled, melt the chocolate in a bowl, over simmering water.
- Using the back of a knife, draw a line down the center of each cookie. (Make sure you don’t cut all the way through the cookie to the bottom.)
- Color the Royal Icing a deep red, put it into the piping bag, and, using the #3 tip, draw a red line in the indention at the cookie’s center.
- Now, put the thinner (#2) tip on the piping bag and replace the icing with the melted chocolate. Trace little squiggles across the top of the cookie to replicate the brain.
- Once the cookies are dry, they’re ready to eat!
You can find this and other great Gluten Free recipes in the SPOOKtacular Gluten-Free Halloween Desserts Cookbook. Written by a brother-sister duo, SPOOKtacular is a full of gluten-free and dairy-free recipes perfect for scaring up some Halloween fun!
So many gluten-free books these days rely on processed gluten-free flours. These flours taste like cardboard and are just the flour companies looking for a way to cash in on the gluten-free trend. The Barrios’ recipes are focused on all natural alternatives to wheat instead of these processed gluten-free flours you find in supermarkets.
Check out SPOOKTACULAR on Amazon!
HGF was not paid for this post. We were provided with a copy of the cookbook mentioned, and we have provided our honest opinion. Thank you to the sponsoring company for working with HGF. You can view our complete PR policies.
This post contains affiliate links. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.